The purpose of the Wellfleet Shellfish Harvester Relief Fund is to assist Wellfleet Shellfishermen and women and their families who are experiencing financial emergencies which deprive them of basic human needs (housing assistance, utility bills, car payment).
- Applicant must be a year- round resident of the Town of Wellfleet.
- Applicants must hold a Town of Wellfleet Commercial Shellfish license or a State issued Propagation for Wellfleet licensed grant.
- Applicants must make the majority of their income from shellfish 66%
Applicants will be required to submit a government-issued photo identification showing your current Wellfleet address.
- Applicant must submit copy of Wellfleet Commercial Shellfish license or a State Propagation Permit for a Wellfleet licensed grant.
- In addition, applicants will need to submit W.S.H.R.F application with supporting invoices .
The application may be found on the websites of Lower Cape Outreach Council under client services, or at Wellfleet SPAT website.
Applications need to be submitted to:
Lower Cape Outreach Council
19 Brewster Cross Road
Orleans, MA 02653
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fund is focusing its assistance efforts on essential living expenses such as utility bills, car payments, medical bills, and housing assistance.
Decisions are typically made within 24 hours of receipt of a completed application.
No. Any assistance granted by the Fund will be paid directly to creditors of the applicant. There will be no money sent directly to an applicant under any circumstances.
- The Fund offers assistance at two level to individuals (which is capped at $600) and to families (which is capped at $900)
- Applicants may utilize fund twice in a calendar year subject to the availability of remaining funds.
- Checks made out to Wellfleet S.P.A.T may be sent to:
PO BOX 2156, Wellfleet, Massachusetts 02667.
Please note “W.S.H.R.F” on the memo line of your check.
- Alternatively, donations may be made by credit card on the Wellfleet S.P.A.T website at wellfleetspat.org